cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: PPP LCP send termination request (user request)

Just to clarify can I use any filter, I have this one that came with the tplink router. is this ok?

1074F01E-2E03-494E-AD37-864F79EE923F.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

@Raj1015 wrote:

Just to clarify can I use any filter, I have this one that came with the tplink router. is this ok?

1074F01E-2E03-494E-AD37-864F79EE923F.jpeg

Yes, provided you can plug it in. They are a bit basic, but they do work. I have one which I use on part of my ADSL network to separate some line monitoring circuitry.

The purpose of the filter is to stop the broadband signal getting into the phone, that is all.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

Thankyou
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

I’ve hooked it up. Looks like this now. Not aesthetically pleasing but as long as it sorts out my disconnects. Is there any worry about dust getting into the hole where the wires are? Should I try and cover it somehow, I don’t want the kids poking into it....

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

057C7CB5-4795-4B18-B971-7A58D7D5C357.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

That is just fine. Do not worry about dust, but you do not want anyone pulling the loose wires out, as it may cause the main incoming pair to become disconnected from the back of the faceplate.

If that fixes the problem, then there are alternative filtered face plates which you can use, and they are of a less complicated design.

clipboard_image_0.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

Thanks, I’ll post back in a week to see if it’s fixed my ppp lcp disconnect issues, as this will help others who have the same issue

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

@Raj1015 wrote:

Thanks, I’ll post back in a week to see if it’s fixed my ppp lcp disconnect issues, as this will help others who have the same issue

It will just eliminate any possible issues with the NTE, but there could still be external problems, usually affecting people who have an overhead feed from a pole. Intermittent faults can be hard to find.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

My copper wire is underground and comes up next to my front door ( I forget what they call that now ). My cabs about 500 meters away. Anyway at least this will definitely eliminate any internal problems 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

So just an update after connecting directly to the master socket with a filter because I was having an awful lot of disconnections due to this ppp lcp issue.

I’ve now had uptime of 9 days straight which is great, I know it’s still early days. Does this mean that the mk2 faceplate is to blame?

do you think if I change it with a mk3 faceplate or similar it will be ok? Or can I leave it plugged into the master socket indefinitely? Btw I am using the tplink vr400 router atm.

any help is appreciated 

thanks

0 Ratings