cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 34

Re: Full Fibre 900 package and my existing phone line

Go to solution

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe , very helpful and you were right. BT info page is woefully out of date.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 34

Go to solution

@RayP wrote:

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe , very helpful and you were right. BT info page is woefully out of date.

Things move on faster than you think.

You may find this article of interest.

https://www.draytek.co.uk/information/blog/the-end-of-analogue-phone-lines-pt1

And also read part 2.

Message 13 of 34

Go to solution

Once installed just ring up and cancel DV if you don't want it. They will most likely want the handsets back but ask for a return pack.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 34

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe, thanks. The end of an era really. Just like analogue TV services ended, the same applies to phones.

The upside is I rarely use the landline but a couple of older friends prefer to use it to talk to me. And if I can continue to pay my line rental up front and get the discount that will do me fine.

Having spoken earlier to a BT tech expert he assures me I can split the SSIDs on the SH2 but elsewhere I've read that a single one is needed for the disk to work properly. Thoughts? It is useful to control what kit uses 2.4 and what uses 5.0.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 34

Go to solution

@pippincp,

"Once installed just ring up and cancel DV if you don't want it. They will most likely want the handsets back but ask for a return pack."

But that would leave me without a 'landline' and I'd lose the 11 for 12 month line rental discount. I'll hang on to it for the time being.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 34

Go to solution

@RayP wrote:

Having spoken earlier to a BT tech expert he assures me I can split the SSIDs on the SH2 but elsewhere I've read that a single one is needed for the disk to work properly. Thoughts? It is useful to control what kit uses 2.4 and what uses 5.0.

The BT tech expert is not an expert. You CANNOT split the SSIDs on the SH2.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 34

Go to solution

@RayP 

There is no such thing as separate line rental any more, its included in the cost of the broadband, so I am not sure how line rental saver would work, you may find you can no longer add it.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 34

Go to solution

@licquorice,

"The BT tech expert is not an expert. You CANNOT split the SSIDs on the SH2."

Thanks. Why do they tell downright lies?

As long as all my 5Ghz kit links to the 5Ghz signal it should be fine. Obviously 2.4 cannot connect to 5.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 34

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

"There is no such thing as separate line rental any more, its included in the cost of the broadband, so I am not sure how line rental saver would work, you may find you can no longer add it."

I'll know in a couple of weeks when the invite should arrive. If I can't then that's another falsehood told to me.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 34

Go to solution

@RayP wrote:

Thanks. Why do they tell downright lies?

Don't think it is so much telling lies, more they are totally inept and haven't got a clue.