cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Full Fibre - Speeds 900mb

Morning Guys !!

I am having a few issues with my service,

I recently moved into a new home and got the full 900.

BT sent me 2 lots of equipment, no idea why but it happened.
My first lot of equipment would let me see speeds of around 450-460 down and 10-11 up ….
After speaking to technical they had suggested that they cannot guarantee the upload speed and that there was nothing wrong with my speed and so on. The young lady was fairly cheeky but hey it’s a pandemic and everyone is allowed a bad day ?

After reading many hours of support on here I seen that there was a software release to “unlock” the upload speed… This had me thinking, I tried changing over the equipment to the “spare” lot that came and bing bang bosh I now have a consistent upload speed of 110. Without fail.

My new problem is that I can only register around 200-400 down speed never ever any higher regardless of laptop phone cabled or wireless, or time in that matter.
My laptop is new and has a gig ethernet – wireless of the same sort
Galaxy note 10+ so again can measure speeds that is required
Iphone 12
Ipad pro 2020
Cat6 cable / also tried Cat5e just to make sure.

I am well aware of all the variables that may cause this that and the next thing but I surely must be able to guarantee my guaranteed speed of 450 ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chaz

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Full Fibre - Speeds 900mb

@Cstephen  I’d be calling the FTTP again on 0800 587 4787. Have some fast.com numbers ready with a wired connection directly to the SmartHub2 or even a direct wired connection from a laptop /PC to the ONT with a PPPOE setup.