cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Full Fibre smart hub 2

Go to solution

Please can anyone confirm that BT has two types of smart hub 2. one for full-fibre to the house and a second for fibre to the cabinet only. having no end of issues with BT trying to get a new hub as just had full-fibre fitted to my house. I've been sent a new hub that does not work. Geting very frustrated with BT !!. 

If 2 hubs exist, how are these identified? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Full Fibre smart hub 2

Go to solution

BT has FTTP and FTTC hubs, they exist on the Smart Hub 1 and Smart Hub 2 models.

The Smart Hub 2 for FTTC can be used on FTTP by using a cable and changing the settings to full fibre mode though.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

The original FTTP version had a red WAN port, this is no longer needed since a firmware update allowed LAN port4 to be configured as a WAN port in advanced settings as @-Richie-  says.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks, yes I'm now aware of this but the existing hub will not pair with the digital phone adapter supplied by BT. Could it be further setting in the hub ?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

If you go to hub manager is phone number blue or greyed out?  Have you any DV phones already connected to hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
It's red and saying not configured, tried to connect the adapter and new digital phone to the hub. The adapter won't since but the phone will. However, it states I've no internet connection when I have after changing the hub setting.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

If number not blue the DV is not configured on your hub. Probably need to phone FTTP TEAM and see if they can help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.