cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Full fibre 900 slow upload after f/w update

Go to solution

@JohnC2 

Hi John, can you check and see if I too am being effected by this issue?

I have had an excellent FFTP service from BT for the past 2 years, literally no complaints. Recently I have been experiencing a number of issues with speed & extreme ping spikes when online gaming. The tech support team have replaced my router, and provided bt mini connectors to assist in resolving my issue, but nothing has worked thus far. 

Further troubleshooting at my end, I am finding that I am experiencing these ping spikes literally every 20-30 seconds even when continious pinging to my router via ethernet.  
Wonder if there is anything you could suggest that may have started causing this, or anything which i could do differently? I have already tried switching out all of the connected ethernet cables in my router, resetting the router to factory settings. 

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Hi John,

Is there any chance you could help me please?

I have recently joined BT Fibree 900 and my speeds are shocking both on wifi and ethernet. I had an engineer come out who replaced the fibre cable outside thee house and the OFT Modem, but it has made no difference. The upload speed seems to be capped at 50mb all the time and the download ranges between 80mbps to 280mbps.

My friend has fibre 900 who lives 5 minutes away and I have been to his with my iPhone 11 Pro Max and Mac book pro, both on Wifi and I get 700-850mbps on his over wifi. I barely get over 200 on mine. 

BT has pushed the lastest firmware to thee router, however the router is the only thing that hasn't been replaced, even though its not that old.

Are you able to check your end please and see if I am being capped or if there are any issues.

Thanks

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

@Phillm wrote:

Hi @JohnC2 It's happened again, upload speeds are now capped at 30 Mbps

Regards

Phill

Hi @Phillm 

Thanks for posting back!

I'm sorry to see you've had the same issue recently.  I realise it has been a few days since your post.  Have you got this sorted or are you still experiencing the same issue?  Post back as I can pick up from here if needs be.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

All sorted Thanks

Phill

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

@directionhome85 & @Chris1587 

Welcome guys.

Sorry for the problems you're having with your upload speed.  I have sent both of you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

@Phillm wrote:

All sorted Thanks

Phill

@Phillm That's great thanks for letting me know 😀

Cheers,

Robbie