cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Homehub flashing purple after activation day

Hi

My connection was activated on Friday, however my hub is still just flashing purple and has not been able to get any Internet connection at all. I've tried using a different filter, different broadband cable and have plugged a phone in to check dial tone and that there is no noise and that was fine. 

Any quick tips I could try? 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Homehub flashing purple after activation day

@StuWaters 

Was the phone number correct when you dialled 17070?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Yeh phone number was correct
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

What does your master phone socket look like?

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegKeith_Beddoe_1-1577035100602.jpeg

Posted with device: google_chrome_83

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Looks like no. 7, it has a phone line and a gfast socket on. I've tried the broadband cable in both the gfast slot and with a filter and it still flashes purple no matter what.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

The home hub will only work if plugged directly into the small broadband socket on the left. No filter must be used.

It will not work if you plug it into the phone socket, even if a filter is used.

Please can you connect thing up as shown below, and see if your broadband works. You will need to use a filter at that point.

NTE 5C Test socket check

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Also bear in mind that you may be too far away from the cabinet for G.fast, as its not always possible to check this without a visit.

If you look on the broadband availability website, using your phone number, it will tell you the status of G.fast and whether its likely to work.

I assume you are using the BT Smart Hub 2?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

I will check the test filter in a moment. 

Yeh the gfast issue came up previously, where we did end up being too far from the cabinet (phone lines weren't mapped correctly) so we are going down to a normal connection that will work here. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

@StuWaters wrote:

I will check the test filter in a moment. 

Yeh the gfast issue came up previously, where we did end up being too far from the cabinet (phone lines weren't mapped correctly) so we are going down to a normal connection that will work here. 

Lets hope its been changed over in the cabinet, as its possible its been overlooked by Openreach. What connection speed are you expecting?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

enter your phone number now it is working and post results  will show possible connection speed

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings