cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Intermittent Crackling Faults on Elderly Parents Phone Line

Go to solution

Hi @Lars_Porsena Many thanks for your kind comments, it was my pleasure helping and all that matters is that you can now speak with your father without any noise interrupting your calls. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Hi. Can I ask if there was a simple resolution to this please? We have a similar issue (though we are with Talk Talk / Openreach) and seem to struggle to resolve it once and for all... Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

@ChrisS28 

You will need to take this up with TalkTalk, as this is a BT Retail Customer Forum. 

BT Retail, like other providers, do not get feedback from Openreach.

Have you posted on the TalkTalk user forum?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution
Ah, ok. Sorry. I'll get back on to TalkTalk. Thanks for the quick response.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Hi Chris

Yes, there was an easy resolution, which I wouldn't have thought of -- it was a new phone.  I don't know what was causing the problem with the old phone, I changed the handset for a new one and still had a problem.   I tried another phone plugged in with a splitter, crackly line.  I checked that my father's phone on my home line and it worked fine, which was why I thought there was a problem with the line.

A completely new phone solved the problem and so it didn't need any intervention from BT but Neil on the forum hear did help me so that I could check the line myself.