cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Just want a line installed

Go to solution

The only service I want from BT is a line installed and working.  BT are the only game in town here.  I will connect to my own broadband supplier.  I don't need a phone.  Mobile broadband is no good here as we only get 3G.  There have been plans to upgrade the 3G for years, but we continue to wait.

So is it possible just to pay the £140 for line installation and get my services from another provider or am I stuck with the state-backed provider?

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Just want a line installed

Go to solution

Just select your own broadband supplier and place your order and the ISP will organise your landline from openreach which will be needed for your broadband    no need to involve  BT RETAIL 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Excellent! Thank you. I will give this a try and see if it works for me.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Doesn't work with Three Broadband, my preferred supplier. They can supply a 4G/5G router, which is no use, as I have neither coverage, or can send me a Broadband (wired) router, which I have no phone line to plug it into. They don't seem to offer a service where they are the middleman.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Just select another  isp

Enter your address and this will show broadband services available to you then just select another ISP and place your order

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks again for your help. I will have a look at this tomorrow when I am more awake.

Image 23-08-2021 at 20.41.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

From that you could order FTTC broadband and get an 80/20mb connection speed

The FTTP on demand is a business product and expensive

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Excellent. Thanks again for all your help.

I am supposed to be able to click on the ratings thumbs up on the left hand Sid, but it doesn't appear to be available to me, probably because of my new member status, but if I could have done it I would have!

Take care

0 Ratings