cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Keith Beddoe advice requested respectfully; noise on the line; orange flashing light on Smart Hub 2

Dear Keith & wider BT Community,

I have noise on my telephone line (a crackle) and a constantly orange flashing light on the internet hub (Smart Hub 2).

This constant orange flashing appeared to start after recent bad weather - prior to this I had normal blue light and service.

I tried the 17070 option 2 noise test. This provided some short term relief with reappearance of blue light hub and internet functionality - but after a while the constant orange flashing light came back.

I would be grateful if:

1) you might explain to me what is happening; and

2) what I can do to try and persuade BT/Openreach to fix it.

My thinking is that there might be a physical fault with my telephone line.

Many thanks,

George W. Meyrick

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Keith Beddoe advice requested respectfully; noise on the line; orange flashing light on Smart Hu

@GeorgeMVirgin 

You just need to report a phone fault but not mentioning anything about your broadband.

You can do this without phoning BT by going here 

Message 3 of 4

Re: Keith Beddoe advice requested respectfully; noise on the line; orange flashing light on Smart Hu

thanks Tim, George

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @GeorgeMVirgin,

I would agree with @TimCurtis it does sound like there is a fault on your line. If you need help getting this repaired, I'll be able to give you a hand.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy