cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 41

Re: Line profiles still not improved 3 weeks after the power outrages & storm

Hi @barnettgs and welcome back. Good to see you again.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and @imjolly advice has been spot on. Your best bet would be try stay connected to the test socket for a few days and hopefuly you'll see an improvement. Please keep us updated on how things go.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 41

No problem, see how it goes in a few days time.

Thanks

By the way, when its time to plug back the master sockets, is there a correct procedure to switch off the router etc without affecting the DLM?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 41

Last week, I noticed that line 2 had a few public ip changes over the 5 days so I thought there was disconnections so I replaced the router with a spare one in case the first one may be faulty.  However it is still doing the same so here is the stats, has not improved at all.

Screenshot 2023-07-31 151428.png

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 41

has your connection remained stable when connected to test socket?  unfortunately the stats don't show internet connection time not system uptime which is different

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 41

Unfortunately, we had a power cut yesterday. Despite this, the first line is still great.

And yes it still connected to the test socket and it seemed to be stable although slow at 288 kbps but only that I have noticed that the public ip changed itself a few times meanwhile line 1 is still with the same public ip.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 41

if the IP changed then there has been a drop in internet connection which unfortunately starts your stability time all over again.  if only 1 change in IP was for power cuts then other drops are line problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 41

That is what I thought so, which is why I swapped the router to ensure it isn't the router fault but if it does change ip again and again then the line needs to be looked at?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 41

Yes the IP will normally change everytime you drop internet connection. If line keeps dropping then you will not get out banded profile

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 41

It is still struck to 288 kbps profile which it has been for more than a month now. 

So there is definitely a problem with the line 2 so I would like to request an engineer visit.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 41

are you still finding you are dropping internet connection ( hub IP changing) and that is causing the speed to stay at 288?  If so then phone CS 03301234150 and report line fault not broadband

0 Ratings