cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Major service outage Meltham Huddersfield

We’ve had a major service outage since Friday 15.42 in my area . When I phone BT time to fix keeps shifting. Apparently openrach have told Bt Thursday for fix which is their worse case. Anyone know how you can find out what the actual fault is ? Bt don’t know can’t tell me and you cannot contact openrach directly 

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Major service outage Meltham Huddersfield

@Mwallwork 

Which cabinet are you connected to?

Have you looked here https://my.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

Yeah it just says there is an outage no indication of what caused it or how long to fix

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

@Mwallwork wrote:

Yeah it just says there is an outage no indication of what caused it or how long to fix

Is it affecting your phone calls, can you get dial tone on your phone?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Yeah can get dialling tone . Could even get upload speed yesterday but no download . Today just red on route been like this since Friday . Fix time keeps shifting . Bt can’t tell me what the fault is checking my fault online says Bt retail servers . Nearly 48 hours now with no service and work and kids schooling in the morning . Not good 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

@Mwallwork wrote:

Yeah can get dialling tone . Could even get upload speed yesterday but no download . Today just red on route been like this since Friday . Fix time keeps shifting . Bt can’t tell me what the fault is checking my fault online says Bt retail servers . Nearly 48 hours now with no service and work and kids schooling in the morning . Not good 

Then its not a cable fault, it had to be either an issue in the fibre cabinet, or the exchange link feeding the cabinet.

What do you mean  by"red on route"?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

It’s not a cabinet or exchange issue it’s a major service outage affecting multiple users across Huddersfield who all need to work from home tomorrow . Red on router. The Bt page says and issue outside exchange at Bt retail servers so i suspect a weekend change has gone wrong . But there is accountability no way of seeing what the issue is or track a realistic fix time 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

If you are a BT Halo customer, then you can ask BT to send a 4G mobile hub, provided you have 4G coverage, and the mobile site is not affected by the MSO.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

Unfortunately I’m not . However it looks like I will need to use my 3G on my phone to survive without intent for work and with the kids at home during a lockdown . I am not how something logged as major service outage can have zero clear resolve times nor the BT people on the phone tell be anything about it . Clearly I will not be paying for the days I am without a service but if this was a power outage I would expect regular updates from the providers . I have heard this happen to others where bt fail to resolve a major services outage within weeks . What we need is information . 100s of customers are impacted by this we need clear information on the source of the fault , what has happened so far what next steps are and how likely it will be until it will be fixed . The automated message just repeats the lie f it will be fixed in 2 hours . Who do I need to raise the his to to get answers ?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

If Openreach have told BT a fix of Thursday then it is nothing to do with BT servers, they are not Openreach's responsibility.

0 Ratings