cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Multiroom

Hi there just come back to BT. Have just set up BT TV Pro Box and I am very happy. It as all the streaming services I need and works well with our ASUS Router. We are on 900 fibre so was hoping to get another box for multiroom. Have tried looking on the BT website and cannot find anywhere to add a multiroom box. Just change TV package and such.

Just wondered if BT still offered multiroom boxes or not and if the multiroom boxes came with the same remote as the PRO box. Also are they the same old multiroom boxes from about two years ago, mine was very slow especially compared to the pro box.

Thanks in advance..

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Multiroom

Hi @jas20001978 and welcome back.

Sorry you're having problems ordering the multiroom online. Your best bet would be to speak with our customer service guys on 0800 800 150.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks David.

Just phoned BT to enquire about an additional box. I told them that I required a recordable box and the first advisor put me through to another. The next advisor said that it was not possible to have to recordable boxes, only one.

The BT website states "You can get BT TV in a second room with Extra Box. This gives you an additional non-recordable TV box, or recordable TV box, to watch BT TV in another room, at the same time."

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/getting-set-up/can-i-watch-bt-tv-in-more-than-one-room-

Am i reading this wrong and when I questioned the advisor he said that BT as never offered a second recordable box and the website does not say so.

If this is the case I regret I may have to cancel even after having a new aerial fitted. This is very misleading. 

Do any forum members have second recordable boxes.??

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

From memory it was a free Z4 non-recordable box or you could pay £99 for a recordable box, then £5 per month for the 2nd box subscription.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the reply Richie

They have told me that they have never offered the option of a second recordable box. Even though I was told that you could and their website clearly says they do.

I regret that seeing as I am within the 14 days it looks like I am going to have to cancel. 

BT, BT sort it out..

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

You can get BT TV in a second room with Extra Box. This gives you an additional non-recordable TV box, or recordable TV box, to watch BT TV in another room, at the same time. You can watch all the channels and Catch Up and On Demand services that you can view on your main box (excluding Sky Sports and Sky Cinema).

Extra Box requirements

• Fibre broadband with speeds of 23Mbps or more
  • An Extra Box subscription or Extra Box bolt-on
  • Two non-recordable TV boxes, or two recordable TV boxes, or a non-recordable TV box and a recordable TV box
  • A separate aeriel connection for your second box. We can help if you need an aerial or additional connection points.

And BT say they have nevered offered the option for two recordable boxes..

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Call back and ask for the 'Sales Support' team, see if they'll raise the order, I'm 99% sure the recordable box was a one off £99 and then £5 for the 2nd box, maybe that changed when equipment is now on loan.

Another option is looking on that well known auction website for a Youview box, then BT can add the 2nd box subscription for £5, the downside is no warranty for your own sourced box, the upside is the box is yours to keep.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @jas20001978,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're having issues adding a second BT TV box to your service. If you send me your details, I'll see if I can do this for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings