cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

My smart hub 2 is constantly flashing purple

Go to solution

Hi everyone, 

I recently switched over to BT from Virgin Media and I've ran into an issue where my smart hub 2 is constantly flashing purple 😥. The issue can't be on my end because, I set it all up and it was working all fine plus the hub was blue indicating everything is working. Furthermore, no one in my house pulled out the cables and I've double checked my hardware set up is spot on. I've restarted the hub multiple times and tried that as well, sadly it's still flashing purple. 

My BT internet went down around 10pm on the 12th of July and hasn't comeback online since. 

Outside of my house on the street, where I believe (could be wrong) the cables are for the BT infrastructure it looks like some maintenance work is currently going on. Maybe they could've knocked off my broadband by mistake? 

I have been without broadband for 24 hours but luckily I'm still connected to Virgin media for a short period of time so I'm using their services. 

Any suggestions or could a moderator help me please? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: My smart hub 2 is constantly flashing purple

Go to solution

Report a fault to BT 0800.800.150 and they will have the problem investigated.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you, I just found this as well when reporting a fault online. https://imgur.com/a/MSjeqcR
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

It turns out someone drove into the green cabinet and that's why my broadband is still down. My BT hub is now flashing orange constantly. 

I reported the fault and I'm still waiting for an update on when the green cabinet will be restored. 

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-15 at 19.30.59.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Which exchange Shoreditch? If so expected fix date is 21st.

2021-07-15 21_06_56-Microsoft Excel - Fibre network incident summaries - 15_07_2021 3pm v1.xlsx  [Re.png

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@unknown515  I'll post again if the date changes. I doubt it will though.