cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

New BT Fibre

Go to solution

Hi, I'm Considering getting the BT Full Fiber 900 Connection (as it is available in my area)

But I had two questions about it that I can't find answers for,

the first is that I have a Rather Expensive Wifi Router that has better specs than the smart hub 2 are you able to put it in Modem/Bridge mode and negate the need for it?

The second being Can you still do that if you go the that Hybrid Connect thing.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: New BT Fibre

Go to solution

The fibre ONT is the modem, you only need a PPPoE capable router to connect. The BT hub is not required.

Hybrid will only work with the BT hub

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

If you get FTTP the you may be changed to Digital Voice using the SH2 as a base station with VOIP   you need the hub to get a landline connection but if you do not use your landline phone then not a problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@imjolly  Customers will only be changed to digital voice if they accept it, otherwise the copper line will eventually be ceased giving them time to get a decent VoIP service that doesn't depend on ISP supplied equipment.

Personally if I needed a home phone rather than my moble I'd get a VoIP service now and port my number to it. I am not au fait with being locked into using ISP supplied equipment except for a modem if necessary.

0 Ratings