cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

No Master socket

Go to solution

Following decorating the hall I have discovered there is no BT master socket, just a small oblong connecting box where the wire comes in from the outside to the porch. Can I get a master  box fitted free as a bt customer? 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: No Master socket

Go to solution

@alanmalarkey 

Are you going to place your order with BT Retail, or with another provider, or are you already a BT Retail customer with a working landline?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I am an existing BT Retail customer with a working landline?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@alanmalarkey wrote:

I am an existing BT Retail customer with a working landline?

Then if you want the internal connection changed, then you would have to pay for it.

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/getting-set-up/costs-and-charges/engineer-home-improvement-service-...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks, In which case I would Buy and fit my own master socket, ie one with a surge resistance - do you know where from? I would then run an extension socket into the hall  to the hall with an outlet for phone and modem. alternatively  I could connect the wires with jelly crimps outside in the porch and bring my master socket into the hall for connecting phone and modem. Either or both of these sound like a plan? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

What socket is your home hub plugged into now? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings