cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Old My BT Account Preventing New My BT Account

Go to solution

I signed up for the Home Essentials Deal at £20.00 a month, and my order is progressing as it should.

I have followed the link to activate the My BT App and it turns out I have an old account on there that I cant remember why, but it is defaulting to the old account and I cannot switch or view my products or orders etc on the new account, everythign is just greyed out because of the old account, except for the one accounts page.

So I assume that you need to delete the old account from My BT but I cant seem to find anyone to do it over the phone, ive seen a few threads on here where Mods liek to sort it out.. but on clicking there names I see no option to message them.

can anyone offer a solution or advice on sorting this out?, it would be very much appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Old My BT Account Preventing New My BT Account

Go to solution

Hi @hazzatori, welcome to the forum, and thanks for your post.

As you've already called in and, couldn't get the old account removed, I'm assuming that you've set up 2 Step Authentication (2SA) for your MyBT? It was a simpler process on older BTID's to remove old accounts.
If you've set up 2SA once your account is active it should move over to this account but if it doesn't at that stage post back and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for your quick reply, yeah I setup 2SA (wouldn't be without it), my account is due to go active on Monday so I will check then and see what is what with the account.

I'll report back, best regards.

& thanks for the welcome. 

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Just to update this, the issue seems to have solved itself, the old account and the new account have swapped places and now I can veiw everything on the new account and very little on the old one, but thats fine, I am happy with that.

Thanks for any support given.

0 Ratings