cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Open Reach wont fix our wiring problem

The first engineer said he wasn't allowed to go up heights and therefore needed to escalate the job, which to be fair to him he did and booked and second engineer in before leaving. When escalating the job he clearly told the call centre that the cable needed replacing and to address the line cap as well. The second engineer had the cable on his van and talked me through what he was going to do but then spoke to someone on his phone and can back to say he was no longer replacing the drop cable. His "manager" had told him by phone not to as there could be other reasons further down the line. How can someone remotely diagnose the fix? Does no one work efficiently anymore? I guess not, that's why Openreach are happy with our broadband speed!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

What a fudging farce!

So one Telecoms Engineer who works for a Network Provider whose Network has something like 3 Million Telephone Poles on it can’t climb. What next, a Taxi Driver who never learnt to drive?!?!

Then the icing on the cake, an Engineer who was going to replace it but his PM says not to. Changing a Drop Cable isn’t exactly a time consuming and taxing job so why his PM told him not to is beyond me, must be a Prod chasing ******.

No wonder the Company is going to s***. 😒

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

I have asked the forum mods to see if they can help you as nobody else seems to want to do anything they will post here but may be a few days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Hi @Chapman2013 and welcome back, it's been a while.

I'm sorry there's been a mix up getting this sorted. I'm sure I can help. I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David