cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Parental Controls

Go to solution

I want to impose severe restrictions on gaming, gambling and self-harm but leave some of the other categories like fashion or search as off or light. How can I do this? I've just had a try but the parental controls facility appears to be very all or nothing !

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Parental Controls

Go to solution

Hi @ginnymat,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

When you're setting up the Parental Controls you can customise them to block certain categories.

1. Log in to My BT with your BT ID
  2. Scroll down to and click on the Manage your extras button followed by clicking on Manage BT Parental Controls
  3. Select 'Manage Settings' under BT Parental Controls and choose the Change filter levels tab

Parental Controls

4. You can select from the three pre-defined filter levels - 'Strict', 'Moderate' and 'Light'. Just move the slider to the filter level you want and select Save changes. You'll see a list of what categories will be blocked by that filter setting
  5. You can then customise this filter level even further by moving the slider to Custom. Just select or de-select any blocking category you want to change

Parental Controls

6. To make the changes, click Save Changes at the bottom of the section
  7. Your new filter level will be active within 10 minutes.

Please give that a try and let me know how you get on?

PaddyB

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks PaddyB, all sorted now and hopefully, my household will now be safer online!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
I’ve clicked on My BT several times and I can’t find “Manage your extras” anywhere...very frustrating as I’m having to put the PIN in every time I watch certain channels!!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@blakums welcome to the community and thanks for posting, are you using the MyBT app or the www.bt.com/mybt website? If you're on the MyBT app the instructions are different. 

1. In the My BT App, tap Packages

2. Scroll across and tap the Package type

3. Tap See broadband extras

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Neil,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I do use the MyBT App but, despite being reasonably savvy on it, I can’t find ‘packages’, either on my IPhone or my IPad.

I give up!

Thanks anyway, regards, Ian

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @blakums,

Thank you for posting back. I've checked the app on my phone and the wording has changed, sorry about that.

Once you log in if you click "Your Products" 

Then select "Your Broadband" if you scroll down that page there a heading "Included with your broadband".

If you click "manage" under the Parental Controls heading that will allow you to set up the Parental Controls.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

I found it!! Many thanks 👍

That said, when I got to it, it said ‘Please Wait’ and remained like that so I’ll try again tomorrow.

Thanks muchly

0 Ratings