cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Phone Line

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

Your correct mate, I never noticed for a few hours after it when I cam home from work. I should have said that I suppose rather than a few hours. Just to make it simple for some people. I don't see how it doesn't make sense Bt Openreach engineers were there my neighbour noticed them working. They had two vans and the lift truck there and now the cable has disappeared. Doesn't make sense ? Hmmmm 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

@Jackvolvo 

BT Openreach do not exist, its a very common mistake the media and public make.

Openreach is a totally separate company, look on their vans, there is no mention of BT.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

If Openreach have for some inexplicable reason taken your dropwire down , then Sky should be able to ‘see’ this disconnection and raise a fault , getting Openreach back to replace the cable they removed….obviously the only way you are going to  get this done is by Sky recognising the problem and arranging an Openreach visit, ( in other words you need to let Sky know you have lost service ).

Openreach do not deal with consumers directly , you calling them to say your dropwire is missing is going to be met with a request for you to contact your provider ( Sky ), even if it were ‘damage’ for example high winds had brought the wire down , all the Openreach ‘damage’ line would arrange would be to make the wire ‘safe’ , so it couldn’t injure anyone , you would still need to contact your provider to restore service, it’s not clear why you haven’t contacted Sky already if it were Thursday when this happened 

0 Ratings