cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Phone off Hook

My elderly parents constantly leave their phone of the hook. I  see there an alarm, contraption or similar that can notify them.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Phone off Hook

@Cam3 wrote:

My elderly parents constantly leave their phone of the hook. I  see there an alarm, contraption or similar that can notify them.

If they are with BT, then there would be a loud siren sound sent out to the phone for a few minutes, and they should hear it. I am not sure what other providers do.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@Cam3 I presume it's a cordless phone your parents use? It's much easier to forget to hang up when you have to press a button on the handset. I've seen corded phones being recommended in this instance as you have to set the phone back down to hang up.

https://www.bt.com/help/here-for-you

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

What happens is that one of them speaks to me from their (corded) phone and then passes me over to the other person who is on on another phone and doesn’t put the phone down thinking the other will be cut off,  wanders off and forgets all about it!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Cam3 thanks for clarifying, there are amplified phones on the market that may be louder so that your parents can hear the off the hook howler (siren tone) better than on a conventional phone.

Would removing one of the phones from the set-up help? I appreciate that it may not be an option but it would stop this scenario from happening if they both used the same handset. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

0 Ratings