cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Please note: you can't watch the BT Sport Monthly Pass on an Amazon Fire TV stick

Good morning.
Does anyone know the reason for:
"Please note: you can't watch the BT Sport Monthly Pass on an Amazon Fire TV stick?"

I wish to get the BT monthly pass but my only option would be via the Fire stick.

Are there any plans to change this please?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Please note: you can't watch the BT Sport Monthly Pass on an Amazon Fire TV stick

Where are you seeing that note @Leemus ?

You definitely can use a BT Sport Monthly Pass to watch BT Sport on an Amazon Fire Stick.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Re: Please note: you can't watch the BT Sport Monthly Pass on an Amazon Fire TV stick

Hi there Darren,

on the following link:

https://www.bt.com/sport/monthly-pass

if you scroll down and click on:
Which devices can I watch the BT Sport Monthly Pass on?

it states:

The BT Sport Monthly Pass Pass allows you to watch through the BT Sport app on iOS, Android, Chromecast, Chromecast with Google TV, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox One, Apple TV, Android TV, NOW TV devices, Amazon Fire TV devices, Roku players, and Sony PlayStation 4. You can also watch online at sport.bt.com

Please note: you can't watch the BT Sport Monthly Pass on an Amazon Fire TV stick or a set-top box from any TV provider. This includes BT, Sky and Virgin.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Ah ok thanks. I'll get that updated. See how it says you can in the first paragraph, but then you can't in the second.

We launched Amazon Fire app a few weeks later than the others, which is why that temporary caveat was put in there.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the prompt response.

So are you saying that BT Sports CAN be watched via the app on Amazon Fire Stick?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Definitely @Leemus. It's one of our most popular platforms.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Understood.

Thank you for the clarification.

All the best,

Leemus.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

The web site has now been updated to remove the incorrect message. Thanks again for taking the time to report this.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

My pleasure. I look forward to being offered some kind of discount before subscribing 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Morning Darren, hope you're ok.

So, just so that you know, i spent 30 minutes on the phone to BT last night.

They tell me that the monthly BT Sport pass isn't available for Amazon Fire Stick.

The only way that i can get it is if i sign up for a BT TV Box. After the call i went to check out the T&C's and on the deal that the chap was explaining to me, the sport only comes as SD. If i want HD it's an extra £5 month.

Who watches sport in SD these days?

That aside, i think there's some serious conflicting information on what is and isn't possible.

You may wish to investigate. I see the website has been updated but, if what the help centre chap was telling me last night is true and that the Monthly Sports Pass isn't available for Fire Stick, then you may wish to revert back to what i was seeing on the website this time yesterday.

All a bit confusing really.

Cheers.

0 Ratings