cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 31

Re: Router fault has caused DLM to reduce line speed by 50%. How can I get this reset quickly?

I'm honestly not sure how else to explain the real world drop from 50mbit to 25mbit. This is over an ethernet cable plugged directly into the router. This is also a real world figure that's significantly higher than the router reported line speed. 

The only other explanation as far as I can tell is that this router is just delivering a much lower speed. But it's rated for 1gbit and is a fairly high end tp-link router. Unless I've somehow configured the router wrong in a way that would somehow limit speed I'm not sure what else to look into?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 31

Re: Router fault has caused DLM to reduce line speed by 50%. How can I get this reset quickly?

Have you still got a BT hub you could connect to see what sync speed that gives?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 31

Sadly not, I actually usually entirely rely on nest wifi throughout my home and my BT home hub died a long time ago so I just replaced the router and moved on.

I'm only currently connected to the router because of this speed issue. Generally the router is just a modem that supplies connection to nest wifi.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 31

All I can suggest is see if you can borrow a BT hub or other router to try. If what the router is reporting is accurate, a DLM reset will do nothing.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 31

I'll see if I can find one somewhere I suppose! I appreciate all of the help.

Does anything here look wrong:

New Project (3).png

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 31

You could try setting DSL Annex type to Annex B to see if that makes any difference.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 31

Sadly only Annex A is available in VDSL mode.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 31

Annex A is correct anyway, just something to try.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 31

The username is normally 

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 31

Enter your phone number and post results. Delete number when posting

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings