cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Royal mail address/post code correct, BT have wrong address.

Hi, 

I have seen older posts on this subject but hopefully someone can help out.

I currently have BT Fibre 1, BT TV, Landline and had BT broadband in one form or another for 10 years or so.

Several years ago Royal mail decided to change the address structure of myself and two neighbours.

i.e my address went from H******* Cottage to  3 H******* Cottages

Now this didn't really bother me too much as the postie kind of knew where to deliver anything addressed to the original structure.

However my son now has the house and is trying to get everything changed over to his name.  Our present Humax box has stopped showing any HD subscription content as it is apparently now obsolete as we found out trying to get an upgrade package. Well so the lady at BT said 'we no longer supply that type of box and we can't send you a new version as your broadband is not suitable'. Well that is nonsense as I could consistently get nearly 40mb download.

Anyway what appears to be the sticking point is the address issue.

Are there any BT folks on here that could have the address corrected so at least we have a fighting chance.

Tks in advance

Jimabz

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Royal mail address/post code correct, BT have wrong address.

BT and Openreach will go off what Royal Mail have recorded, if your address has channged on Royal Mail, then ask BT to raise an ORDI (Openreach Data Integrity) to have the records updated.
If Royal Mail has the old info, an ORDI will be rejected, you need Royal Mail to have the correct records.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Thanks Richie,

As I stated Royal mail have all the correct info (as they changed it).

The problem is that when I got the landline in 1997 the address was the original one I mentioned so as far as BT are concerned that's the delivery address.

We have tried to upgrade our packages online also however when we enter our post code our address fails to show although our neighbour's are correct.

Would the fact that there is already a BT account associated with my address mean it would not show up under the post code search on the BT website ?

Jimabz

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

@Jimabzwrote:

We have tried to upgrade our packages online also however when we enter our post code our address fails to show although our neighbour's are correct.

You wouldn't need to enter your postcode on an upgrade though, this sounds more like someone is trying to join BT, the records are wrong so the order can't proceed.

You will need to ask BT to raise an ORDI, this won't stop any upgrades though, It would prevent you switching providers though or any other line takeover.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

if your son has the house now and is trying to set up broadband he will not be able to take over your existing account and will need to set up a new account with correct address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 16

Hi Richie,

Yeah I initially tried to cancel my contract to let son start afresh but that's when the lady dealing with us said she couldn't do it because of the address, i'e to do with the 'obsolete' box.

OK no big problem really as any new kit will still get delivered to the house. 

Tks will try to raise that issue as you said.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Yes that is what we have attempted but that doesn't solve how I get the address corrected.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

as I said your son cannot take over your account as you are the account holder and cannot change that so your son need to set up an new account/connection with BT with the correct address which will then match the royal mail database.  you will need to cancel your current account if your son is taking over phone line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Yes realise that but would like the address issue resolved first and foremost.

Can you assist with a ORDI request ?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

@Jimabzwrote:

Can you assist with a ORDI request ?

The forum can't help, we're all BT customers helping each other, except for the moderators.
Ring 0800 800 150 or 150 from your BT landline, speak with the 'Help' team or the 'Connections' team, they can raise the ORDI to correct the address.

0 Ratings