cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 161 of 205

Re: BT Sport App on Samsung TV - 30s Audio Delay

OK, at this point I bow out.
I'm not a customer care rep - I lead the dev team. You're right - it's time to get out of this kitchen and leave it to the mods to provide updates on this thread - I'm not trained to handle the stress (as can be seen in my responses).
Message 162 of 205

Well, we accept that upgrades and updates can affect the provision of a service but at no stage has BT, which collects our fees for a service, offered to compensate for this rubbish. It's unwatchable in its current form. I was irked by the 'affecting only 10' comment but I think you should offer some form of compensation for a service that you provide until it is resolved. @novnibbles was not trolling, just pointing out that we are paying for a service we are not receiving. If it's only 10 of us, that shouldn't cost much and give you plenty of time to sort this out.

Message 163 of 205

Probably for the best fella. Do your thing behind the scenes and leave it to the customer care folk to handle the flak. It's not worth getting stressed over.

0 Ratings
Message 164 of 205

Yes, it's not ideal that it doesn't work properly but there are ways around it ( a £20 chromecast for one). Taking it out on the guy who's doing his job and trying to resolve it and is keeping us updated with those attempts won't solve it. 

Darren, I (and I'm sure others) are grateful for your efforts.

Message 165 of 205

I have same issue on Samsung 2016 TV.

Are BT monitoring and responding to this thread?  Do we need to raise complaints rather than post on here?

Are there any status updates we can follow?

BT - you could just send those effected with the issue a USB dongle until it’s resolved?

Roku, Amazon, Chrome etc all retail for <£20 inc Vat & delivery, so a few pounds each at cost, a fraction of 1 months customer subscription.

0 Ratings
Message 166 of 205

So has anyone received compensation from BT in relation to this issue? There should be a goodwill gesture from BT to affected customers as it is a software fault i.e. it worked fine until BT made changes to the software (irrespective of the reason for the change). 

I'm also impacted and have followed this thread without commenting in the hope it would be a quick fix. 

(Clearly more than 10 people affected).

0 Ratings
Message 167 of 205

This has been happening to me for the past 6 months. I have to either switch off my tv, or close the app reopen and it resolves the issue for a brief period then happens again. 

this happens on my Samsung 49* KS7000 (2016 edition I think). I’ve not had any updates to the TV OS, just the BT sport app. 

I just end up using my PS5 / Laptop plugged into the tv but, which is disappointing but hey ho. 

0 Ratings
Message 168 of 205

Could I please just check with people who are affected by this issue:

Does this only affect the standard channels?

Has anyone experienced this issue either on BT Sport Ultimate, or on the Manager Mode / Hype Mode video streams?

I've read through this thread and I think it only affects standard channels - if so, then we have a workaround ready to deploy that shouldn't trigger the Samsung firmware issue (we'll obviously need to wait for your feedback on whether it has actually worked).

0 Ratings
Message 169 of 205

Hi Darren. I've only ever tried to use the app on live events showing at the time on the app. Most of these are on the standard channels but some have been there to select from the menu but not showing on the main channel, if that makes sense. So a game might be available to watch but it's different games on BT Sport channels 1 and 2.

0 Ratings
Message 170 of 205

I've only watched live football on it, so not sure if the issue occurs on other channels or non live programs (usually watch Sports HD 1 or 2).

I dont think there was an issue with the mode that shows all the graphics on the screen (is that manager mode?)

0 Ratings