cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Smart Hub 2 problems

I had BT fibre (Smart Hub 2) installed in February including three BT digital voice phones.  The phones worked OK until 12 days ago when all three stopped working.  They all have error message on them saying "Unable to make or Receive Calls.  No internet connection available".  I have tried re-registering the phones to the Hub but it didn't help.  The internet to the house is still working OK.  I have read of the problems with the Smart Hub 2.  I do not know if my problems are caused by these Hub problems or something else. 

It is a real problem for us not having a phone service to the house because the mobile signal in this area is unreliable.  I have made many calls to BT on this but so far without success.  I am not a tech expert.  Any suggestions for resolving it would be gratefully received.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Smart Hub 2 problems

@JohnWM5 

Have you tried restarting the home hub, as that should give you a different routing across the network, and may restore the phone connection?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for reply.  Yes, I turned the hub off and restarted it.  I even pressed factory reset.  Hasn't made any difference.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@JohnWM5 wrote:

Thanks for reply.  Yes, I turned the hub off and restarted it.  I even pressed factory reset.  Hasn't made any difference.

See if another forum member who had Digital Voice, can help.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

if you go to hub manager can you see your phone number on left side and if so is it purple of greyed out

in the hub phone settings did you try reset base settings?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Thank you for your reply.  I'm in the Hub Manager (for the first time) and it says, in a grey box, that the phone is not configured?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

as you have DV I assume you have FTTP (fibre to your home) so try phoning FTTP team 08005874787 and see if they can help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

OK, thanks.  Very difficult to make any progress on the phone with BT.  I have spent literally several hours on the phone with them, every time a different person.  They have said that their computer has deleted my account and they are opening a new account for me, even though I have been a customer for 40 years.  It's total confusion, I am afraid.  Strange thing is the phones worked between February (when FTTP was installed) until 1 May.  Thanks again.

0 Ratings