cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Smart hub 2 - iPad and Samsung tablet unable to connect on 5GHz

For the last few days we've had intermittent problems connecting to WiFi from our tablets (authentication failure).   My other WiFi devices were able to connect.  Seemed odd, but when I investigated, the tablets were the only devices connecting to 5GHz WiFi, everything else was on 2.4GHz.  I tried power cycling the hub and our tablets, but that didn't solve the problem, so I disabled 5GHz WiFi on the Smart Hub and our tablets connected to 2.4GHz WiFi without an issue. 

The last firmware update to the hub was  v0.27.07.07281-BT, uploaded on Wednesday 27th October, we noticed we were having problems on Thursday.   From the timing, I'm inclined to think this is a problem with the latest firmware, although it could be the hub.   The only changes to the hub settings recently have been renaming a few devices, which I can't see affecting the WiFi.

Hub currently has 6 wired devices, 3 WiFi disks and 30 WiFi  devices, I don't think this would cause problems, but just in case I'm reaching a limit on the number of connected devices, I thought I'd better mention it.

Any advice on what to do next would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Smart hub 2 - iPad and Samsung tablet unable to connect on 5GHz

It's not just yours, since the firmware update (mine was the same version but installed on the 26th) my broadband router (smart hub 2) keeps dropping out

I've had my old home hub 4 connected instead all day without any issues, so I'm pretty sure my line is OK and the problem lies with the smart hub 2 since the firmware update

Just followed the diagnostic report a fault and it says an open reach engineer will come out to visit 😑

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Smart hub 2 - iPad and Samsung tablet unable to connect on 5GHz

After I wrote, I plugged my original smart hub 2 router back in and it's been up for 1 day 15 hours with no issues (same Firmware as stated)

Maybe just needed some time off to rest
0 Ratings