cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Software update???

Go to solution

I’m assuming that there has been an update, but I’m not able to check as it appears to have disabled the up arrow on my remote control and I’m not able to access the settings. When I go into anything else such as Guide or Apps, I am able to go down the list, but not up again. This also appears to have affected the volume control where I can go down, but not up. The ability to fast forward through recordings has also been affected. I have unplugged the box and plugged it in again, but to no avail. I have a BT Youview DTR-2110 box which I am aware is a retail model, but I thought that BT were providing the software updates.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Software update???

Go to solution

@Brucemeister5  I think the recent update is the new Home Screen in May. It should be possible to use the buttons on top of the box to navigate so hopefully you can get into settings that way an do recoveries like box resets if necessary.

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply. I’d forgotten about the buttons on top of the box. I have used them before, but they are concealed by our tv cabinet. I managed to do a factory reset(keep recordings), but unfortunately it has not resolved any of the issues that I described in my original post.

Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I’m going to leave the box unplugged overnight and hope that that will resolve the issue. The factory reset has actually made matters worse because I’ve been signed out of all of my apps, and I can’t sign back into them again because the remote control won’t allow me to navigate up the keyboard to input my usernames and passwords. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

It sounds like you remote has died. You can buy a replacement from the BT Store

Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Ok, thanks. I hadn’t considered that because it’s still working, apart from the issues that I mentioned in my original post. Are you talking from personal experience here?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@Brucemeister5 

Try changing the remote batteries first.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@TimCurtis Yes, I’ve tried that. It seems odd that only certain functions on the remote have stopped working as from yesterday morning. I’ve gone ahead and ordered a new remote control from BT Shop as advised. I’m working around the inconveniences in the meantime by using alternative devices, but the Youview box is in the lounge. I’ll report back when the new remote arrives, which should be in a few days.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

My new remote control arrived in the post this morning and I’ve set it all up so that it’s all functioning properly again now.