cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Sorry, we can’t get your account details at the moment

Go to solution

Hello.

I have recently signed up to BT Broadband which is up and running. In order to pay the monthly bill, I have logged onto my BT account in a browser but get the following message:
"Sorry, we can’t get your account details at the moment. We couldn't find any account details for that BT ID. Please try again".

I can't do anything from there. I managed to pay the first month by pushing the money from my bank to BT to pay the bill. Any ideas how to resolve?

Thanks
Ben

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sorry, we can’t get your account details at the moment

Go to solution

Hi, @benjnicholls welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Is it an old BT ID that you previously had set up with us in the past and if so has your new account been added to it? Let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks

Neil

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Neil. Yes it may be an old one. It's been a few years since I had a BT service so can't be 100% sure but probably is. Is there something i need to do if it is an old one?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@benjnicholls Thanks for getting back to me. Have you added your new account number to the BT ID?

I included a link with instructions on how to do that in my previous post.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Neil,

Sorry, didn't spot the link in your first reply. I have two accounts linked to my ID, one of which is my new one. I even tried to add it again, but still get the same error.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@benjnicholls No worries, when you were trying to pay the bill did you ensure that you had selected the new account number from the drop-down in the top right of the MyBT site? 

Thanks

Neil

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Yes I did. However, now I have navigated round a bit more and gone back into my details and re-selected the account, it seems to be working. I notice that the account number now has the details next to it that I entered when I re-added the same account for the second time.

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Ratings