cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Switch to BT Fibre (FTTP) confusion

Go to solution

The CSP is supposed to go on an outside wall.

As to whether the Installation Engineer will run the cable how you’re asking depends on many factors, most notably, if it’s safe to do so and if they’re an Openreach Engineer or one of Openreaches Partners, aka a Contractor but the ‘C’ word is a dirty word in Openreach now.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

Hard to say without pictures/plans, but from what you are saying the Tech will install cable from the pole to your house. He/she will then fit the CSP on an outside wall. From the CSP a cable can be run to the inside of your garage and then again though the wall into your study. There will be fitted the ONT (needs power) and from the ONT an ethernet cable to the Smart Hub (also needs power).

Providing you "enable" the job - i.e make sure that the working areas are free from obstruction  this should be okay. Holes will need to be drilled through walls so give some thought to where or where NOT you would want these.

Make sure you have plenty of tea/coffee and biscuits.

You should have the option of Digital Voice -  whereby you Smart Hub is the base station fro a pretty DECT phone.

BT do offer FTT Cbut if you get the chance of FTTP go for it.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

@stevebrass 

Thanks for this. FTTP pole is literally 10 meters from the front of the house! 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

@stevebrass  Not all areas have Digital Voice available yet.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

@pippincp 

Is it possible to check if digitalvoice is available in my area?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Ask the FTTP team. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

@stevebrass 

What luck! A BT Openreach guy is installing Fibre to the house across the road from me! Nice guy - asked him if it was possible to have the cable where I wanted it, he walked around and said it was! Hopefully he is the chap who comes to do it!

He also confirmed that Digital Voice would be available. 

Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

huzzah!

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’