cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 35

Re: Switch to BT resulted in 10mbps loss in download sync speed

Go to solution

No best thing to leave connection alone and stable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 35

Go to solution

Thanks, will do. 

Will post back when I hear back from BT re phone line fault. 

Thanks

Jeff

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 35

Go to solution

Hi 

The line checks (automatic ones) don't show a fault with the phone line and the only option is to call out an engineer.  I can't tell from my BT cordless phone if the noise is just regular noise or actual line noise. 

Should I do this or can I request a line reset to see if I can get my 10mbs back?

Thanks

Jeff

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 35

Go to solution

For the cost of less than £10 you could get a corded phone which would possibly avoid an £85 call out charge in it turned out to be a problem with internal wiring. The automatic line check only tests your broadband connection not any noise issue on the line.

Anything other than a background mains hum with a cordless is a line problem. A corded phone is always better.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 35

Go to solution

Understood.  I have ordered a BT corded phone from Amazon for delivery tomorrow so will try it and report back.

Thanks

Jeff

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 35

Go to solution

Hi

BT corded phone 17070 test reveals very quiet line, no crackling, just a high pitched (but quiet) whine. I don't have anything to compare it to, so I don't know if it's a problem. 

If this is a normal line, any ideas as to what I can do next to try and get back to where I was in sync speed?

Thanks

Jeff

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 35

Go to solution

using a corded phone for quiet line test should be really silent and high pitch whine is a problem  I would check from test socket to make sure whine still there before phoning 151 to report phone fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 35

Go to solution

Hi

I was using the test socket - it's the only one in the property. 

I have booked an engineer visit for next Monday so will report back what he or she finds.

Thanks

Jeff

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 35

Go to solution

All properties should only have 1 test socket which is the socket which is exposed when you remove the faceplate of the master socket

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 35

Go to solution

Yes, understood, I just meant I didn't do the quiet test on any extension.

Thanks

Jeff 

0 Ratings