cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 32

Re: Sync speed going down

Sorry i dont understand is nr2 not a master socket?

It was installed by bt guy over a year or two ago

Surely this cannot be a reason of attainable speed dropping from 77000 to 45000?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 32

sorry I misunderstood your post  - what you were referring to was that you had master number 2 in my post.

using an extension socket often results on a drop in speed sometimes not bad but other time considerable difference

I would go back and try test socket with a filter and repost your router stats see if attainable improves

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 32

The screenshot in my first post is when the router was connected to the test socket. It was there for 12 hrs and it didnt make any difference. 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 32

then as you are bottom end of expected range then can't see where you are going to get improvement.  you are on ECI cab so no speed boost from G.INP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 32

So why a year ago i was at 77000 and week ago on 50000 and today on 45000 attinable speed. 

Someone must have messed with my wire at a cabinet or exchange i think.

Could dlm reset help at all? 

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 32

Have you still got the BT supplied router ?, try installing that ( in the master socket test port ) and post the connection statistics from that....also have you used a phone ( preferably corded not cordless ) in the test port , dialled 17070 and taken the quiet line option, was ( is ) there any noise on the line ?

Speed can decrease due to cross talk , the more customers connected in the same FTTC ‘cab’ as you can increase the likelihood of a neighbouring circuit having a detrimental affect on what your line can deliver

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 32

I will keep asus connected until weekend and get back to you with super hub stats

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 32

Screenshot_20210331_193233_edit_83829960757520.jpg

I got hold of the phone and done a quiet line test. Its dead quiet no noise or crackling

The speed went further down to 45000 day ago.. 

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 32

your connection speed is still the same as it it was initially

the fact that your attainable changes daily is normal and nothing you can do about it as often result of weather conditions

your attainable fluctuating is normal and you need to focus on connection speed

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 32

I understand that my speed is 43000, not to mention that year ago it was 55000 and it doesnt change. 

I also understand that sync speed fluctuates but in fact it goes down, within a week or two it went down from 50000 to 45000.

In jan 2020 the router was syncing at 77000 now 45000 this doesnt look like fluctulating

So if i asked the question why my speed is only 43000 you would reply that my line is only capable Of 45000, but i know this is not right 

0 Ratings