cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Unable to get fibre

Hello

ive recently moved house , I am unable to get FTTC to my property 

Openreach day FTTC is available and so Superfast Essex who rolled out the fibre in my area say the upgrade to my cabinet is complete but on the DSL checker it shows no mention of fibre 

can anyone help no point speaking to my ISP BT as there clueless and just say will get back to me and never do , also Openreach just give to same automated response when I use there contact form of good news fibre is available please contact your ISP etc , 5mb broadband is unusable so I’m using my 4g data
Many thanks 

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Unable to get fibre

You'll need to speak to BT, if the openreach checker is saying it's available at your address they'll see that too & if it's not available to order they'll have a form they can send to openreach with the details for further checks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Spoiler
Thanks I’ve spoken bt who said they’ve done this form twice and they never get back to me , they say Openreach should reply within 7 days but this was over 14 days ago 
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

can you post dslchecker results  delete phone number but leave exchange and cab

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

D4C2C561-B923-4A31-8885-93FCF4687C1A.png

sorry about poor quality has to be a certain size I can upload it on imugr if you can’t read it 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

The problem may be your cab is full as it is due to be expanded bt openreach this month

Cabinet P3   FTTC Available from 11th September 2014, being expanded by June 2020   Phase BDUK Essex 12b    513   Huawei   CO6 1LZ 

can you post result after using your address  bit bigger would help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

https://imgur.com/gallery/Kwl6TN2

had to upload it due to size hope this helps , 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

What about the top half of the checker result?

9m760BU.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

The fact that FTTPod shows as available, suggests that your cabinet is fibre enabled ( FTTC) but due to the distance you are away from it , then it’s not on offer ( the further away , the slower you get, up to the point where ordinary broadband is better than it,)  unless your address is incorrectly entered in the database , then you are not going to get ‘fibre to the cabinet’ anytime soon.
Do any of your close neighbours have FTTC , if they  do it could be your address data needs correcting, but if non of your neighbours get it either, chances are you are just too far away from the cab

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Chances are someone at BT needs to submit an ORDI to Openreach.

0 Ratings