cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Unable to see an active email address on my BT account

A number of years ago I set up separate email addresses for my wife and myself. I have noticed that my wife's email address is no longer listed in our BT account when I go into manage email accounts via MyBT. I'm concerned that the email address may be deleted if it isn't attached to an account. Does anyone have any advice please?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to see an active email address on my BT account

Hi @MJGBD22 and welcome to our community.

Sorry you're having problems with the email. Do you have a separate BTID set up for it? Can you log in via webmail?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

No, both email addresses were set up at the same time when we lived at a previous address. When we moved to a new address that has fibre to home BT had problems raising an order for the move and decided to create a new billing account number starting GBxxxx. I think that is when we lost sight of my wife's email address on the account.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Does the email account still send and receive emails?

Have you tried linking your wife's email address to your BT Broadband account?

Can I move my BT email address to another account? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your replies. Yes, it works ok. I was just concerned that if it wasn't registered to an account it might get disabled/closed. I've tried to move the email address to our account but it says that it is already registered to the account. That's reassuring but I can't understand why it's not visible on our account with the two addresses I have working.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I think it will take moderator intervention to find out why that has happened.

Although a moderator has already replied to your initial post I have notified the moderator about your problem. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

Message 7 of 7

Hi @MJGBD22,

I am sorry that it's still not showing up when you check. The fact that we're saying the email already belongs to the account is a good thing.

I want to go over your account and make sure that the email is 100% linked. I've sent you a private message letting you know what details I need to help.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings