cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Why does my initial upload to BT Cloud take so long?

I have been using BT Cloud for a long time but have recently needed to change my wife’s PC which help all of our photographs etc.  These are all stored on a 1 TB HDD and it was an easy matter to physically move the HDD from the old PC to the new one, but it was then, of course necessary to upload the content of the HDD to BT Cloud and delete the redundant data from the on line store.

With about 450GB of data to upload, I was expecting this to take some time but after about four days, it has uploaded only 260 GB and stops for several hours at a time on an apparently irregular basis, changing the blue “sync” icon from blue to green, indicating that everything is synchronised, which is obviously not the case.

My upload speed, measured at the PC is17.8 Mb/s and the download speed is 30.1 Mb/s.

Does anybody have an explanation for this as it does not seem to me to be working correctly.

Regards and TIA

Phil

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why does my initial upload to BT Cloud take so long?

@phil_whitchurch 

Just out of curiosity could you post the connection stats from your HomeHub because with a download speed of 30Mbs I'd have expected your upload speed to be in the region of 6-8Mbs.

Can't tell you how to get them as I've never used a HomeHub.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why does my initial upload to BT Cloud take so long?

Sorry but I have no idea how to access this either. However, after another 24 hours (about 12 hours on line) , the upload has progressed to 358 GB but is currently paused, thinking it's synchronised. 😞
0 Ratings