cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

connecting a 2nd PC to BT WIFI Hub

Go to solution

We have connected our Main  PC to the BT hub with a Ethernet cable Successfully but want to connect a 2nd one in a separate room wirelessly to the same hub, Is this possible(it is an older PC)? or do we need some sort of  WIFI adaptor to go in  the back of it, It is due for replacement fairly soon so don't want to spend a fortune on it just a fix for now

Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: connecting a 2nd PC to BT WIFI Hub

Go to solution

If the 2nd pc hasn't got a WiFi card installed, you can buy a WiFi adapter that plugs into the pc via USB. They're widely available for under £50.. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

@Tikisue 

Try something like tplink ac600 USB wifi dongle from Amazon currently less than £10. Or you can get something more expensive

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

£50!!!! They're widely available for less than £15

@imjolly  beat me to it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@Tikisuewrote:

We have connected our Main  PC to the BT hub with a Ethernet cable Successfully but want to connect a 2nd one in a separate room wirelessly to the same hub, Is this possible(it is an older PC)? or do we need some sort of  WIFI adaptor to go in  the back of it, It is due for replacement fairly soon so don't want to spend a fortune on it just a fix for now

Thanks

It depends how old the 2nd PC is. 

Yes you should be able to do it (assuming that the 2nd PC is Wi-Fi capable) but if it's that old then you may need to change the Wireless Mode setting in the hub settings as it may not be 802.11n capable (300Mbps)

Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

hanks it is at least 14 years old and a bit slow so just keeping it going for a short period until we upgrade, Any good usb tp link suggestions? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

My previous post gave a tplink current on offer on amazon

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks for all the help, I will order one later
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

It arrived earlier today and plugged it in but no Internet but i can access emails, how is this tried all sorts of ways but still not working, I got the TP link AC600mArcher T2U Nano as suggested 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
I am still having no luck with internet connection, any ideas please
Thanks
0 Ratings