cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

logging in

Why do we constantly have to log in every time we change channel? It's infuriating, we had the same trouble with Sky/Now player but they sorted it with adding a 'keep me logged in' check box.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: logging in

Which app are you referring to @Tam1x? And on which device? I'm not aware of any app that requires a new login on changing channel.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

It's P.C.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

OK, you're going to need to give a little more detail please.
Are you using the Windows app? Or the player on www.bt.com/sport ?
How are you changing channel?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

I change channel or pick a channel from https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/tv-guide. Cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

OK, so you to to that page, click one of the channels, and it takes you to a screen telling you that you need to log in.
You click the log in button, enter your username and password, and then you log in.
It takes you back to the channel, where there's a big play button which you click to then watch the channel.

What do you do next? What do you click to then change channel?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Either the channels above or back to the schedule/ tv guide if I don't know what's on next. And every time you change channel you need to log in again.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

What browser are you using? Are you using any browser plugins that are deleting cookies? What you're describing isn't normal behaviour.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Now TV said exactly the same as you but then added a 'keep me logged in' check box which solved the problem. I'm not using anything that deletes cookies or any blocker.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Adding a "Keep me logged in" option on the web site isn't possible I'm afraid. That only works around the issue anyway - your browser will just be working twice as hard to keep you logged in.

Just to confirm the steps once more:

If you go to the TV guide, start watching a channel, and then immediately change to a different channel using the links above it, does it ask you to log in? Or is it only after you've been watching the channel for a while that it forgets who you are?

0 Ratings