cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

mail@btinternet.com logged out and can not log back in

Go to solution

Hi, when I tried to log to my Btinternet account via IOS mail app there was an error. Tried both Thunderbird on Windows PC and web mail. Login has failed there as well. Never had such an issue before. Can you please help? Thanks! Last received email was on Wednesday

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: mail@btinternet.com logged out and can not log back in

Go to solution

Hi @kiza,

Can you let me know what your error message said, please? 🙂

Does it mention your password?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Daniel. Thanks for a prompt reply. It just says " Account Error" on both IOS Mail and Thunderbird. Nothing was changed on my end

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

And later when I tried Webmail on my PC it asked me for DOB and Post Code first. Afterwards for my mother'smaiden name and make of the first car that I answered correctly

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks @kiza.

That sounds like your account may have been put into a protected state. That usually happens if you're account was accessed by a third party and we recognised it. When you put your details in, did it allow you to reset your password or did you not get past the security answer stage?

Thank you
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
it accepted DOB, post code and mother's maiden name. It seems to have failed on first car. Tried both upper case and lower case for the first letter but failed. What can I do, can I PM you details. Thanks!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @kiza, thanks for the update and sorry you couldn't get the password reset. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with us and we'll be happy to help you resolve this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Just a big thank you to all team helping me to solve this issue

0 Ratings