cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

serial number on ont

Go to solution

Had fttp installed on 5 Aug, however still not activated as apparently a serial number needs to be given to OR. Trouble is there does not seem to be any number on my ONT thing. Any ideas as to where I will find this number?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: serial number on ont

Go to solution

@Starwire  should be able to help you out there when he drops in. I don't know where it is on the newer ONT's

Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

@jenny28460 

The engineer who did the install should have activated the serial number at the time of the install.

Why he didn't who knows, why did he leave before testing it was working.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Did the engineer leave the box that the ONT came in. Had my fitted yesterday and he left the box which has all the details on a sticker on the side. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks for responses.

Apparently there was a fault somewhere in the local area that needed to be fixed first. Now we are stuck with waiting until Sept for another engineer visit. Don't know why they can't call the original installer to ask him. This is such a pain. No-one seems to know what they are doing. Have hunted all over the ONT for any sign of a number or barcode but there is none.  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Only had the box that the hub came in.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Is it a Nokia ONT or a Huawei one?

The Nokia ones are about 4inch Squared whereas they Huawei are about 8 inches by 5.

The Huawei ones usually always have a sticker with the Serial Number on the front, it’ll begin with SN then a long series of numbers, usually the first batch of numbers end 443.

The Nokia ones only have the Serial Number on the back and usually begin with AL, it’s the sticker in the middle at the top.

Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

It's a small square thing so Nokia I would guess. No way of getting the number then..short of taking it off the wall.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Yeah, you’ll have to take it off the wall by pulling it up as it’ll be held on by two screws.

Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

So slide it upwards and it should come off?  Is there a front cover that comes off?

0 Ratings