cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

smart bulbs

Hi, as anyone successfully connected smart bulbs or smart plugs with BT Home Hub 2.

i have tried splitting the 5 and 2.4 .

turning off Smart setup. even turned off the wifi protection, all of my equipment work on on my old router Home Hub 5, any help appreciated

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: smart bulbs

If you have the SH2 you cannot split the 2.4/5ghz networks

as the bulbs probably used 2.4ghz network did you try turning off the 5ghz network and see if you can then connect. If it works then you can switch 5ghz back on

have you tried changing the wireless mode from 1 or either 2 or 3

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi 

yes i have tried turning off the 5ghz network . it didn't help. i turned off Smart setup also. i have not seen modes 1.2.or 3 i have not seen that on the hub interface, i did see a suggestion online to remame the SSID but felt that was a step to far for me . where do i fine the mode setting you refer to 

thanks

Paul 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Renaming the SSID is only of any use if you can split the networks which you can't 

try going to hub manager then advanced setting then wireless

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

eureka !

Let there be LIght 

Hi , your suggestion to change the mode from 1 to 2 or 3 as sorted the issue out completely.

Bulbs, Plugs connect to my app  ( avatar ) within a couple of seconds. and Alexa also works fine. 

many thanks for the help i was nearly ready to bin all of my equipment and give up .

one final question if i may ?

should i return the mode back to 1. will i lose broadband performance if i leave it on 3 

thanks in advance

P Stubley

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

It shouldn't make much if any differences to your wireless devices but not connected You could try moving back to mode 1 but it maybe cause devices to drop connection 

0 Ratings