Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 1 of 25

Wireless devices from the BT Connected Home range

Hi Everyone,

We are very excited to kick off our newest board with the first of a couple of Q&A threads.

The first event will be focused on wireless devices from our range of BT Connected home devices, please see this link for what this includes, BT Connected Home Devices

We will have product experts joining the conversation on Wednesday to answer all your questions.  The thread is open now for your questions so if you currently have one of these devices or are thinking about getting one and have a question, please post it here.

If you are having specific issues with a device then please create your own thread on the relevant forum board.   If the Community cannot help you then the mods will be around to offer support.

So, please get those questions posted!

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: Wireless devices from the BT Connected Home range

When will BT release Windows 10 drivers for the BT Dual-Band Wi-Fi Dongle 600?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 25

I use two plas for my TV service.

I would like a stronger  signal/connection for my iMac which is upstairs in my study as far from my Home Hub as it is possible to get. I really have no idea how to achieve this or what device I ought to buy. So can I have some simple advice please.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 25

Hi there,

My name's Will and I'm the propositions manager responsible for BT's connectivity range.

We launched these products a couple of years ago and tried to make these really simple and straight forward to use and the general feedback we've had from customers has been really positive.

Really happy to answer people's questions today!

Thanks,

Will 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 25

Hi, I am Steve and the Product Manager for BT's range of connected home products. Looking forward to answer your questions this afternoon.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 25

@stuartrogerson wrote:

I use two plas for my TV service.

I would like a stronger  signal/connection for my iMac which is upstairs in my study as far from my Home Hub as it is possible to get. I really have no idea how to achieve this or what device I ought to buy. So can I have some simple advice please.

Hi @stuartrogerson

Thanks for the question.

I have a very similar problem at home myself and depending how you use the iMac, there are a couple of options. If you're happy to use an Ethernet cable into the machine, then I can recommend the Broadband Extender Flex 1000 Kit  which is our latest and greatest wired PLA. I've found the connection is great for video and music download etc and very straightforward to set up. (Alternatively you can use the Flex 500 Kit, which although not as fast, still gives an excellent service.)

If you want to use Wi-Fi rather than a cable, I would recommend our Mini or standard Wi-Fi Home Hotspot which will create a new Wi-Fi hotspot in the room that you need it.

Hope that helps!

Will 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

I need a Wi-Fi Extender as its really hard to get online at the back of my house. But there seems to be a few options. How do i know which one i should buy? Extender 300, 610 or 1200? Whats the difference between them?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 25

Hi @seanbean The Windows 8 driver is compatible with Windows 10. To download the driver please go to http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45467/c/1243. Thanks
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 25

@maverick2 wrote:

I need a Wi-Fi Extender as its really hard to get online at the back of my house. But there seems to be a few options. How do i know which one i should buy? Extender 300, 610 or 1200? Whats the difference between them?

Hi @maverick2

Great question!

Depends how much you want to spend but generally speaking, if you've got the latest and greatest devices (new iPad, latest smart phone etc), then either the 600 or 1200 will help you get the most out of their technology.

They both use Dual-Band technology (essentially a 2-lane motorway) which means that you should ge a really good and reliable connection to your device.

If it's for an older device, then the 300 will work brilliantly too. It's only a single lane, but should be more than enough for general use.

Hope that helps?

Thanks,

Will 

Message 10 of 25

Thanks Will. It's for using with iPads so will look at those products. Out of interest i notice that the products used to be black but are now white is there any reason for that?

0 Ratings