Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 11 of 25

Re: Wireless devices from the BT Connected Home range

@maverick2 wrote:

Thanks Will. It's for using with iPads so will look at those products. Out of interest i notice that the products used to be black but are now white is there any reason for that?

Thanks @maverick2

Well spotted!

We initially launched with black products because we wanted to be different to our competitors. It worked really well for us and got us noticed, but now we're more established, we decided to move away from the black products for the new range.

We think they look really good! And as my wife tells me, they also go better with the skirting boards in the house so everyone's a winner!

Thanks,

Will 

Message 12 of 25

Do these work as just one ie they don't need to be in pairs like plas and they won't mess up my existing set up?

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 13 of 25

@stuartrogerson wrote:
Do these work as just one ie they don't need to be in pairs like plas and they won't mess up my existing set up?

Hi @stuartrogerson

The kits come pre-paired as we want to make it as easy to use for customers as possible.

If you already have a network in place though, it's really no problem and you can add the plugs individually using a simple press of the 'link' button on the devices.

All the instructions are in the box (takes less than a minute) but you can speak to the helpline if you have any problems.

One suggestion if you go for the Flex 1000s... Don't know which product you have plugged into your Hub, but if it's a AV500, you'll get a better speeds to you iMac if you swap it over with the Flex 1000 PLA and use that as the 'mother' plug.

Thanks,

Will 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

I must confess to being confused. I have BT supplied PLAs for using BTTV. I still don't understand how to get a better connection upstairs
As I understand it I have to buy another pair for this for my iMac upstairs? I was hoping there was a simple single plug in device for upstairs

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 15 of 25

@stuartrogerson wrote:
I must confess to being confused. I have BT supplied PLAs for using BTTV. I still don't understand how to get a better connection upstairs
As I understand it I have to buy another pair for this for my iMac upstairs? I was hoping there was a simple single plug in device for upstairs

Hi @stuartrogerson

Sorry if I've confused!

We're moving away from selling single plugs I'm afraid, though there is a Multiport add-on available on BT Shop as well as a Home Hotspot add-on. The former is wired only, while the Hotspot works with a wire as well as providing an additional Wi-Fi signal.  

If you're adding these to the BT TV ones, you will need to check their compatibility first. You can do that using this link. Some of the older powerlines in the market don't work with the newer technology.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Will 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

So Will I would basically need four plas? With one master socket available downstairs I don't think it is going to work.

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 17 of 25

@stuartrogerson wrote:
So Will I would basically need four plas? With one master socket available downstairs I don't think it is going to work.

Hi @stuartrogerson

For your set up I would suggest:

1. powerline for your hub
  2. powerline for your BT TV
  3. powerline for you iMac

You should have 1. and 2. already. Assuming they are compatible then 3. can either be one of the Add-ons from my latest post, or from one of the Kits taht I first suggested. With that option you would then have a spare adapter which might come in handy if you ever get an extra TV, smart speakers or similar in the future.

Thanks,

Will 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Ok thanks Will

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 19 of 25

Thanks @seanbean@stuartrogerson and @maverick2 for the questions.  Hopefully you find the answers useful Smiley Happy

Thanks Steve and Will for taking the time to join us today to answer questions.  For anybody that is not familiar with our connected home devices can you offer a little insight into some of these products? What about the BT Mini Wifi hotspot?

Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 500 Multi Kit.png

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 20 of 25

@SeanD wrote:

Thanks @seanbean@stuartrogerson and @maverick2 for the questions.  Hopefully you find the answers useful Smiley Happy

Thanks Steve and Will for taking the time to join us today to answer questions.  For anybody that is not familiar with our connected home devices can you offer a little insight into some of these products? What about the BT Mini Wifi hotspot?

Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 500 Multi Kit.png

Cheers

Sean

Thanks @SeanD

The Mini Home Hotspot Kit and Multi Kit are a great way to get an additional Wi-Fi hotspot wherever you need it most in your home.

We know that not all houses are built the same and sometime the position of the Home Hub means that the wi-fi signal doesn't get all over the house. If you've got thick walls for instance, the wi-fi signal is going to struggle to reach where you need it.

That's where the Mini Hotspots are so great - they use powerline technology which means that they turn any electrical socket into a potential internet port. One plug connects directly to your Hub, and the other one (or two if you get the Multi Kit) can go wherever you want. 

Each one emits a new Wi-Fi signal that you can connect your portable devices to. There're also a couple of wired ethernet ports on each plug as well, so you can also connect a smart TV, computer or games console.

We've tried to make them as simple as possible so you should be up and running in under a couple of minutes.

Thanks,

Will 

0 Ratings