cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Access control - Smart hub 2

Hi all,

So i have been having the same issue for the past 6 weeks and to no avail can anyone at the end of a BT tech help line or any engineers help me. When i moved in to my new house about 2 months ago, the internet worked totally fine throughout the house for about 2 weeks. Then my PC alone that is wired in started losing connection at really random times, and i kept getting a popup saying "sorry but access to this device has been paused"(i will attach a picture). 

I then checked to make sure that access control was not on and that my partner was not messing around with the settings. Access control has never been turned on and it never will be we dont need it for just the two of us. I read somewhere that it doesnt get applied itself, but it has been applied on its own and now i cant get rid of it. While this access control is applied to my pc i will lose internet very reguarly and as an online gamer as my main hobby its been unbearble.

I know that hard resetting the router gets rid of the symbol for a couple of hours but it always comes back, i just cant seem to get it not come back and start randomly cutting my internet off. I know some other people over the years have had a similar issue but there does not seem to be an easy solution to it. Does anyone know what i am talking about? I really need the help as i dont know where to go from here since the tech support BT supply were useless.

The smart hub 2 seems really great for everything other than this issue i am having and i dont want to have to fork out on another router, it just seems like im losing more money in the situatuon. 

See pictures below for referance. Thank for reading, Lewis 

BT pic 2.pngBT symbol.png

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Access control - Smart hub 2

have you turned off parental controls in MYBT in addition to turning off access control in hub manager

while in MYBT I would also check that web protect is also turned off

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

So all of those things are off and have never been turned on. When i click on access control on the smart hub 2 manager it just directs me to go on the app. But as i say i have never turned any of those things on. 

Thanks for the reply i hope you can help me!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

have you checked the MYBT app

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Yes i have checked the app, web protect and access control are all turned off. This is also my second smart hub 2 router and its the same problem with both of them. Why would it apply access control to my pc alone? This never happened when i was with sky in my last house so it makes me think its a problem with the router software. I am not an expert however im just guessing as is everyone else that i speak to about it.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Its possibly an account issue, where your app is not linked to your account, so its applying the wrong settings to the home hub, or settings from a totally different account.

I have asked a moderator for advice.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Alright well thanks for your time and quick responses! Please get back to me if you figure anything out. 

Cheers, Lewis

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi @LewisCurle and thanks for posting about your access control issue.

Sorry you're having a few problems there. I'll be happy to take a closer look at this for you. I'll need a few details so I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

For anyone who has a similar problem like me. I have more or less just been told that BT dont have a solution. It seems to be a defect with the smart hub 2. Real shame as the rest of the wifi in the house works well. Lost to much time already trying to sort it so hope no one else gets the same problem. Gutted about it all.

0 Ratings