cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Accessing Home Hub Dashboard after changing DHCP Server Address Range

Hi Guys,

So I have recently changed the DHCP Server Address Range of my router so that I can use it in combination with another router via the lan port. Everything is working perfectly and its now daisy chained through my new ISPs router, but I now cant access the dashboard to change my Network Name and Password etc.

Previously i'd use the ip: http://192.168.1.254/

Now that I have changed the range to: 172.16.0.64 - 172.16.255.254 that doesn't work. Though neither do any of the IPs within this range?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and apologies if what I've written doesn't make sense, Im very new to this.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 11.50.54.png

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Accessing Home Hub Dashboard after changing DHCP Server Address Range

@maxwrobson 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Who is your ISP?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

I use 4th utility. Just found out via terminal the correct IP is 192.168.55.1. Though this now takes me to my original routers login page. 

Do I have to make any Network Name and Password Changes before changing the DHCP Server Address Range?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

If your device has an IP address in thev172 subnet, you won't be ae to access the 192 subnet devices.

Factory reset the hub, as well as changing the DHCP range change the gateway address to an address within the 172 subnet.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

you need to post on your ISP 4th utility forum as this is a forum for BT Retail customers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Okay great will do. Do I have to change the gateway address before the DHCP server address?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

You need to change them both at the same time. Make the changes and then press save

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

If you are connecting LAN to LAN, why are you trying to use 2 DHCP servers? Turn off the DHCP server on the second router and keep everything in the same subnet

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Yeah I've just done that and its all working perfectly now. Its only that I still wanted to be able to access the BT Hub GUI / Dashboard still which I guess isnt possible?

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

You can still access both router management pages as long as they have different IP addresses.

0 Ratings