cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Admin Password Issue

I am having a problem accessing my BT Smart Hub 2. Changed the Admin Password about 2 years ago and it has worked every time I have needed it. I have it written down. It now doesn't work following a visit by an Engineer regarding an internet speed problem on Halo 3.

I've tried to put a new password in via the Password Override option but again trouble. It won't allow me to SAVE it after completing the 5 boxes. I confirm the Wireless key is correctly inserted.

Not meant to be a silly question, but is the Default Admin password the original one on the back of the Hub, or is it the one I changed to some time ago now the Default one ?

I am trying to avoid having to perform a full reset as I don't want to lose the Port Forwarding details I have already loaded in the Hub.

Would appreciate any help and guidance as to the way forward.

Lester

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Admin Password Issue

After a factory reset then the admin password defaults to the original password on the back of the hub.  Is it possible engineer did a factory reset when he was solving your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for such a very quick reply. Much appreciated.  I don't think the engineer could now have done a full reset. If she had done so then as you said all my Port Forwarding data would have been deleted.  I have now just tried my Pi-Star facility, which relies on its P. Fwd'ing data and it works fine.

So, all I can think of doing is trying all possible passwords I may have used and hope. !! or just do a full reset and re-constitute the data I have lost.

One thing.... if I do reset, is there somewhere I have to change a Broadband setting to show Digital as I have a digital package ?

Thanks again for your help.

Lester 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thank you for such a very quick reply. Much appreciated.  I don't think the engineer could now have done a full reset. If she had done so then as you said all my Port Forwarding data would have been deleted.  I have now just tried my Pi-Star facility, which relies on its P. Fwd'ing data and it works fine.

So, all I can think of doing is trying all possible passwords I may have used and hope. !! or just do a full reset and re-constitute the data I have lost.

One thing.... if I do reset, is there somewhere I have to change a Broadband setting to show Digital as I have a digital package ?

Thanks again for your help.

Lester 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

It's only a job of a few seconds to restore your port forwarding.

If you do carry out a factory reset, make sure you backup your Digital Voice contacts as they will be lost and need to be restored after the reset.

Edit: just realised of course that you can't backup the contacts without the admin password. If you are using analogue handsets via the green socket rather than DV handsets, your contacts will be held on the phones rather than the hub so backup won't be necessary.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi - yes I had wondered how to do a backup ! But thanks for taking the time to help anyway.  We have digital handsets of course so our few contacts are saved in there if required.

My Port Forwarding list consists of 33 lines of data/port numbers etc.  so a bit messy to have to create each one again !

I'll keeping on trying to resolve the issue with a reset as the really, really last resort.  Wait until I have to I think.

Many thanks again for your suggestion.

Lester

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Unless you gave the engineer the changed admin password he would have been unable to change it to anything other than resetting it to the default factory password which is printed on the label. Hence the password can only be the default factory password or the password you changed it to.

0 Ratings