cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Answering machine

Go to solution

Why has my answering machine stopped playing messages?  I have a BT6510 Nuisance Call Blocker cordless landline phone and it has worked fine for years so far.  Pamela  

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Answering machine

Go to solution

are you a BT broadband and phone customer?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Do you really mean stopped playing or stopped recording? If the latter then maybe you have voicemail enabled on the line that's intercepting the call first.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
As far as I know it records messages. It tells me there is a message, then cuts out.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Yes
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@pamela11wrote:
As far as I know it records messages. It tells me there is a message, then cuts out.

Then it sounds like it's faulty. Check the manual for how to perform a factory reset of the base unit but be aware it may lose your contacts.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you.  I will try this.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

I have tried this but it does not help.  I have also been trying to get help from the number that BT gives, but when I try their technical help I just get charged for a recording but no-one answers.  Do you think the base has failed?  Pamela

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Impossible to say for certain without trying a replacement, but difficult to imagine it's anything else. A quick look at that auction site shows the same model for sale around £15-20. So if you're otherwise happy with the phone, maybe pick up another to try. If that works you could always re-register your existing phone to the "new" base & just use it as a second handset.

Or look to upgrade to a later version from somewhere with a no quibble return policy like Amazon or Argos. If there's still an issue you can then just return.

Although cheapest of all would be to just turn it off & use the free BT Voicemail.

Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you for taking the time to give me such a helpful reply.  I was advised to turn off answer machine, then unplug & plug in again, & after doing this twice I was able to record and play a message, and play some old messages, but then it stopped again, so it seems to be an intermittent fault.  Anyway, I will investigate the BT service.  I didn't know they had a free one.

Pamela

0 Ratings