cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT 8500 call guardian

Some phone numbers that are in my approved list are now coming through as announced phone calls. Any suggestions

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT 8500 call guardian

@colinda71 wrote:

Some phone numbers that are in my approved list are now coming through as announced phone calls. Any suggestions

Check that caller display is working correctly on your line. Check that those numbers that are having to announce are displayed on your phone screen, and their number matches exactly, with the number stored on your phone.

Remember that all stored numbers have to be in the correct national number format, no local shortened numbers will work.

People who withhold their number, will always have to announce themselves, even if you have their number stored in your phone.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

The numbers that are having to be announced have previously worked fine, i.e. have come straight through with the persons name displayed on the handset, not their number with no announcing needed. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@colinda71 wrote:

The numbers that are having to be announced have previously worked fine, i.e. have come straight through with the persons name displayed on the handset, not their number with no announcing needed. 

Then you need to check next time one of them calls, to see if their number is displayed in the calls history. Something must have changed to prevent Call Guardian from matching their CLI (Calling Line Identification), with the number stored in your phone.

To be 100% certain. Turn Call blocking off, then ask them to call again, and see if their name comes up. If it does not, then check to see if their phone number is displayed correctly.

0 Ratings