cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Freelance XT3500

Go to solution

About 48 hours ago I made a call on my handset and the person on the other end could not hear me but I could hear him perfectly. When I press the secrecy button it comes up with secrecy on and I cannot turn it off. Incoming calls are fine. I have 4 handsets on this phone and the same thing happens on all four handsets. I have tried plugging in a normal single corded handset ant it works fine which seems to indicate the landline is working perfectly. I have also reset all four handsets but to no avail. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Freelance XT3500

Go to solution

Sounds like it's kaput. I can't see any way to reset the base station in the manual, which is what I would have suggested. So maybe try the helpline & see if they have an undocumented procedure for that.

0808 100 6556

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Yes I'm afraid you're right. Purchased a replacement set and works perfectly. Still  the XT35000 has lasted a number of years so can't complain. Thanks for your response.

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Bear in mind that DECT is a generic protocol, so even if the replacement set is a different model you should be able to register the 3500 handsets to the new base station. But you only have basic calling functionality.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Ok  thanks for that.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

That should have said you may only have basic calling...

0 Ratings