cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT Hub Manager has all turned grey?

Go to solution

Hello,

I am not sure what's happening, but my BT Hub Manager has all turned grey since the latest firmware update. I'm able to click on everything as normal, and when I mouse over the options like Status, Wireless, My devices etc it will turn from grey to a light blue - and I  am not being prevented from accessing or changing anything. I've included a screenshot to demonstrate what I mean. I've also been experiencing line stability issues, where it will hit the max speed and then drop by over 50% and keep bouncing around and not maintain a stable speed - which is resulting in lag and breaking up in video conference calls regardless of which service I use zoom, microsoft teams, google etc even Discord my ping goes all over the place.

Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 11-53-36 Home.png

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Hub Manager has all turned grey?

Go to solution

the colour change and the deletion of smart setup is due to the recent firmware update - few other posts on forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Try a factory reset of the home hub.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Already tried a reset, and when I spoke to BT they didn't seem to know what had caused the issue. I'm also currently having line stability issues, like I am in a video conference call now and even with videos turned off the call is constantly breaking up, and experiencing the same on Discord, Skype, Zoom and Microsoft Teams. I've tested my speed on the bt whoelsale speed test, and my speeds hit a max of 130Mbps and then drops to 20-50Mbps and goes up and down non-stop whilst the test is running.

Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Was it a full factory reset that you did, or just a normal reset? A factory reset updates the config file to the latest default settings corresponding to the firmware version.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-settings

Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

I pressed the button on the back for 25 seconds until it reset.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

As advised by @imjolly the colour change and removal of Smart setup appears to be deliberately implemented in the last firmware although why on earth they thought it would be a good idea to show everything in monochrome is beyond me and, in my personal opinion, beyond stupid.

What could be easier and more user friendly than using different background colours to identify active and inactive resources at a glance.

As for Smart setup nobody knows what the disappearance from the dash board means, does it mean that they've seen sense and abolished it or does it mean that it's now permanently there and enabled leaving users to like it or lump it? 

A bit of feedback from the mods on this might not be out of place @SeanD 

Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Yeah mine's done the same and since my upload has gone below 1mbps every day since.

Every advisor on the phone has no idea about the grey interface change.

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I know this old but not only is it all grey but keyboard access is no longer working (except the Home menu item)

This is a rooky accessibility failure and needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

How do I make sure the developers actually address it?

thanks

Steve

CC @imjolly

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

No idea what you mean by that. The hub management page is totally accessible

0 Ratings