cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Hub which one is best?

Go to solution

I have a BT Home Hub 2.0, as part of a new package I was sent a BT Smart Hub. Is the Smart Hub better? Also I was not sent a Smart Hub 2.0 or higher, is it worth chasing them on that?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Hub which one is best?

Go to solution

if you were using a HH2 are you on adsl or moved to FTTC?  you will need the SH2 if you get digital voice otherwise smart hub/hh6 is ok and gives ability to split the 2.4/5ghz channels whereas you cannot with SH2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
How do I tell if I am adsl or FTTC? What is digital voice? Why would I want to spit the channels?

Total novice here as you can see. 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

from dslchecker information you posted in April you are on adsl2 and there is no FTTC available to you currently

this may help  https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

masny people find that by splitting the 2.4/5ghz wireless channels and giving them different SSID then normally the 2.4ghz devices connect better

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
I am not sure I would want digital voice having checked that out, I don't use Wifi so don't need to split channels.

So do you think the Smart Hub is a good fit, the contract has yet to be sorted out so I could push for a 2 or 3 etc?

Thanks for your lightspeed quick reply.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

as on adsl2 just now and nothing showing for FTTC yet is there any reason to change from your existing hub if it is working without any problems.  with adsl2 there are posts on forum which suggest the best hub for your type of connection is hh4/5  the newer hubs hh6/SH2 are more set for FTTC although adsl2 works as well

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Personally I would leave things as they are and keep the new hub as a spare in case the old one fails at some point.

I'm afraid you won't have a choice regarding Digital Voice, you will be transferred at some point between now and 2025.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Yes I will keep it for a spare, makes sense.
0 Ratings