cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Mobile Signal Assist Box

We have had the signal assist box for around 4 years. Generally has worked very well and provided a full 3G signal.

Around 3 days ago it started to flash green. No signal since then. Have done the usual reboot of everything a number of times but it makes no difference. 

Looking on the community it is suggested that BT will be turning off the signal assist service on or after June 2022.  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/BT-Signal-Assist-box/td-p/1999707/page/3

We have received no notification or advice regarding the discontinuation of this service. Can anyone please confirm, or otherwise, the status of this service and if it has now been turned off/discontinued by BT?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Mobile Signal Assist Box

Quote: We're retiring our 3G Signal Assist service and, as a result, your BT Signal Assist box will no longer work. unquote

3G Signal Assist Service Closing | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I’d seen that, but up until last Saturday (24th September)  it was working fine. So well past June. So was just looking for some actual confirmation from BT that the service has ended.

As I have said in earlier post I have  received nothing from BT to let me know this! For a communication company there is a real lack of any meaningful communication. But plenty on upgrades, buying additional services, etc. Poor show, IMO.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

It's an official BT help page so if your box has stopped working then I think it's safe to assume that it's been switched off.

As for BT not being very good at communicating such things all I can say is you'll get no argument from me, indeed I wouldn't think you'll get much of an argument from any of the customers on this forum.

0 Ratings